I managed this week to finish the two dolls I had set myself to do. Dolls are so hard to get right you can’t really rush them. Then hair and face has to be spot on otherwise they can easily become halloween toys!!
I was pleased with the way this doll turned out as she was a fusion of several patterns. For the body, head and hair I used the Jean Greenhowe pattern for Emily. I like the way this pattern has the body and head knitted as one piece, this eliminates a lot of wobble and saves on a bit of sewing. Although if you don’t like sewing pieces together this project may not be at the top of your ‘to do’ list.
The body of the doll was knitted in DK on 4mm needles and the clothes are knitted in 4ply on 3.75 mm needles
Her legs and dress are from the Mary Jane’s Tearoom pattern for her rabbit Daisy. I do love the dress, the little lace edging makes it really pretty.
She turned out to measure 18″, so a good size doll.
Her dress has a lovely little bow at the back.
The other doll I completed is a little smaller
She is a sweet little doll measuring 12″ knitted from an Ala & Ela pattern.
Both doll and clothes are knitted in DK and she has lovely Strawberry Blonde hair
She could easily be made into a fashion doll if you wanted to knit a few dresses and cardigans for her in different colours.
Of course her little bag completes the outfit.